Graduate Certificate in Construction Project Management
It is necessary for construction project managers to update their skills in modern project management techniques to effectively contribute to the continuing growth of the industry. The increasing complexity of construction projects requires the manager to know and understand many different facets in order to become/remain proficient in the field. The CPM certificate provides the recipients with the skills to manage any type of project (not only construction) involving contractors and subcontractors. Many professionals have reported that this certificate has allowed them to advance in their careers as a project manager and as a technology manager.
Applicant will provide a well-written summary of career and personal goals and how this certificate will help to accomplish those goals.
Student Learning Outcomes:
All graduates will be able to:
- Develop a systematic and analytic framework to support decision making and make effective changes.
- Gain skills to manage changing technology.
- Cultivate business and human resources management skills.
- Learn technical and leadership skills designed to meet today’s—and tomorrow’s—industry needs.
- Stay at the leading edge and become a leader in the management of technology.
Graduates should be able to:
Apply the principles of project management to successfully manage projects involving on-site construction and shop fabrication;
manage projects as a representative of an owner or agent, a general contractor or subcontractor, in a commercial or government contracting environment; and
have an understanding of how to learn, analyze, and apply new/evolving techniques of project management in the future.