Graduate Program Review and Assessment
The Graduate School conducts graduate program reviews, and supports faculty and staff in their use of assessment data to ensure the continued development, growth, and sustainability of WSU graduate degree programs.
Our approach for working with graduate programs is based on program review and assessment guidelines published by the Council of Graduate Schools and the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
The Graduate School fosters a culture of assessment and continuous educational improvement through
- Graduate program reviews for all doctoral and master’s degree programs.
- Graduate program assessment reporting, feedback, and process improvement.
- Graduate student surveys and dashboards.
- Data collection, analysis, and reporting for graduate programs, colleges, and campuses.
- Dissemination of good practices, recommendations, and assessment resources.
- Consultations, meetings, and workshops for WSU faculty and staff.
- Support for institutional and professional accreditation.
- Participation on the Accreditation, Assessment, and Accountability Committee, Associate Deans for Graduate Education Committee, and WSU task forces.
- Collaborations with the Office of Assessment for Curricular Effectiveness, Social and Economic Sciences Research Center, Institutional Research, and Office of the Provost.
For more information, contact:
Scott Avery, MPA
Director of Graduate Assessment
Washington State University