Program Review and Assessment
The Graduate School conducts program reviews and supports faculty and program leadership in their assessment of student learning outcomes to ensure the continued development, growth, and sustainability of excellence in graduate degree programs across the university.
Our approach for working with graduate programs and sharing information about learning outcomes is based on program review and assessment guidelines published the Council of Graduate Schools and the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
The Graduate School fosters a culture of assessment and continuous educational improvement through:
- Support for institutional and professional accreditation
- Consultations, meetings, and workshops with faculty, staff, and academic leadership
- Participation on the Accreditation, Assessment, and Accountability Committee, the Graduate Advisory Committee, and strategic planning workgroups
- Dissemination of good practices and assessment resources for faculty and staff
- Data analysis and summary reports for graduate programs, colleges, branch campuses, the Graduate School, and the Office of the Provost
- Collaborations with the Office of Assessment of Teaching and Learning, Social and Economic Sciences Research Center, and Institutional Research
For more information, contact:
Jennifer Le Beau, PhD
Assistant Dean, Graduate School
Scott Avery, MPA
Director of Graduate Assessment