The recommended browsers for the WSU graduate application are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Apply for Admission Now
- General Application
- Undeclared Graduate Status
- Application for Re-enrollment
- Visiting Graduate Application
- Graduate Certificate Program
For the Visiting International Graduate Student Application, contact the Graduate School at 509-335-1446.
Note: To apply for any of the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) programs or business certificates, please click here.
Note: To apply for any of the Engineering programs or certificates, please click here.
For all other graduate degrees, continue to the general application.
Non-refundable application fee*
- $75 for first application
- $5 for second application
- $75 for each application thereafter
- Students involved in McNair, Project 1000, IRT, and/or other similar grad prep programs should contact Dr. Raymond Herrera before submitting their online application.
- $113 for Engineering – CAS System
Please note: Academic departments may have earlier or later deadlines, so we recommend you contact them if the information is not listed on the degree programs page.
Priority Application Deadline: January 10
Classes begin mid-August
Priority Application Deadline: July 1
Classes begin mid-January
Admission to Washington State University Graduate School is a joint decision between the Dean of the Graduate School and your prospective department or college. Be sure to check with your prospective department to see if they are still accepting applications.
Note: Applicants may lose consideration regardless of the previous institution’s credentials if the application is deemed inadequate, incomplete, or insufficient.
Requirements for Domestic Student Applications
Requirements for International Student Applications
Personal Information you will need
- Current and permanent address
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Date and place of birth
- Residency information
- Name and location of all colleges and universities and dates of attendance
- All degrees earned, or expected; and dates
- Former WSU student ID# (if applicable)
- Visa/MasterCard number and expiration date
- Race/ethnicity and disability information (optional)
- Names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, institution or business, and positions of three references for letters of recommendation
Letters of Recommendation
Please contact your references ahead of time to be sure they are willing to respond to your request for a recommendation. Ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards, and skills as they pertain to your primary interest area. Your references will be contacted automatically through the online application system when you enter their information on the application. Please keep in mind that they will be notified before you complete the application and make payment. Since your references’ recommendations will come directly to the Graduate School electronically, there is no need for a paper copy of the recommendation. https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat?wsug
Submit Under Separate Cover
- GRE/GMAT scores and dates (if available, and required by department)
- Departmental information
- TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores and dates (international applicants)
- Financial information (international applicants) Certificate of Financial Responsibility Memo [PDF]
Links to specific sections of the instructions are provided in the body of the application.
Current Non-Degree Students
(Formerly Undecided Graduate Students)
If you are a WSU graduate student in a non-degree status and would like to apply for a degree-seeking status, please submit an application for admission.
Undocumented Student Policy
Washington State University protects the free exchange of ideas while encouraging constructive, respectful, and civil dialogue. We hold diversity and global citizenship as a core value essential for success in our globally interdependent world.
WSU is also committed to providing all students with equal access to affordable higher education and ensuring they are provided the opportunity to fulfill their potential and their dreams. In that vein, we are proud, as a university community, to offer life-changing college experiences to our undocumented students as authorized by the state. Like all of our students, our talented undocumented students have earned the opportunity to attend college.
For more information, visit http://dreamers.wsu.edu/
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start your application process as soon as possible.
- The application is case sensitive; enter names exactly as you would like the Graduate School to receive them. (example: McDonald, rather than mcdonald)
- Only abbreviate when absolutely necessary. Do not abbreviate school names.
- Enter your full legal name as it would appear on your passport.
- Fed Ex, UPS, or DHL shipping services will not deliver to the Graduate School post office box, so you must send to the Graduate School’s physical address:
Washington State University
PO Box 641030
Stadium Way, 324 French Administration
Pullman, WA 99164-1030