Degree, Graduate Certificate, and Graduation Application
How to Apply for Degree or Graduate Certificate and Graduation in myWSU
How to add a diploma address to ensure prompt receipt of your diploma or certificate.
1. Log into myWSU using your network ID (NID) and password. Click on the Profile tile, followed by the Addresses link on the left side of your screen.
2. Click Add Diploma Address and enter the mailing address where you would like to receive your diploma or graduate certificate. Diplomas and certificates are mailed approximately 6 to 8 weeks following graduation – keep this in mind when deciding where the Graduate School should mail these documents.
How to apply for graduation with a degree or certificate. NOTE: You must allow popups for myWSU on your browser to complete this process. Without popups enabled, you will not be able to pay your graduation fee and your application for graduation will not be saved within myWSU.
1. On your myWSU homepage, click on the Academic Advising tile, followed by the “Apply to Graduate” link on the left side of your screen.
2. On the Apply to Graduate page you should see your program and an “Apply for Graduation” link. Click the link to start the application process.
3. On the next screen, select the term you expect to graduate from the dropdown menu. Only terms you are able to apply for graduation will be displayed.
Pay close attention to the information displayed once you have selected your graduation term. Click “Continue” followed by “Submit Application” when you are ready to proceed.
4. This brings up the Payment Verification screen showing the total amount to be charged and gives you the option to either Pay Now or Click here to make any corrections. If everything is correct, click “Pay Now” to proceed to the payment screen.
NOTE: If a new window does not open, you must enable popups for myWSU, then restart section two of these instructions. Your application is saved only after successful payment.
5. On the Graduation Payment window, follow the directions carefully to complete payment of the graduation fee. After payment, your application is complete.