- General Application
- Non-Degree Graduate Status (formerly Undecided Graduate Application)
- Application for Reenrollment
- Visiting Graduate Application
- Graduate Certificate Program
- Visiting International Graduate Student Application
Application FeesNon-refundable application fee*
- $75 for 1st application
- Free for 2nd application, if you apply in the same term
- $75 for each application thereafter
*Participants in the McNair Scholars program, Project 1000 and IRT should contact Dr. Lori Carris (email@example.com) or Dr. Raymond Herrera (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the application process before submitting an on-line application.
**Please note: Academic departments may have earlier or later deadlines, so we recommend you contact them if the information is not listed on the degree programs page.
Classes begin mid-August
Spring Semester Priority Application Deadline: July 1
Classes begin mid-January
Admission to Washington State University Graduate School is a joint decision between the Dean of the Graduate School and your prospective department or college. Many departments require additional materials or have earlier deadlines, so we recommend you contact them early in the process. Also, if you miss the priority deadline, you must contact the department to see if they are still accepting applications.
Note: Applicants may not be considered regardless of the previous institution's credentials if their application is deemed inadequate, incomplete, or insufficient.
Requirements for Domestic Student Applications
Requirements for International Student Applications
Personal Information you will need
Current and permanent address
Social Security Number (optional)
Date and place of birth
Name and location of all colleges and universities and dates of attendance
All degrees earned, or expected; and dates
Former WSU student ID# (if applicable)
Visa/MasterCard number and expiration date
Race/ethnicity and disability information (optional)
- Names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, institution or business, and positions of three references for letters of recommendation
Letters of Recommendation
Please contact your references ahead of time to be sure they are willing to respond to your request for a recommendation. Ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards, and skills as they pertain to your primary interest area. Once you submit your application, your references will be contacted automatically through the online application system and asked to submit a recommendation form electronically. Since your references' recommendations will come directly to the Graduate School electronically, there is no need for a paper copy of the recommendation.
Submit Under Separate Cover
GRE/GMAT scores and dates (if available, and required by department)
TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores and dates (international applicants)
Financial information (international applicants) Certificate of Financial Responsibility Memo [PDF]
Links to specific sections of the instructions are provided in the body of the application.
Current Non-Degree Students (Formerly Undecided Graduate Students)
- Start your application process as soon as possible.
- The application is case sensitive; enter names exactly as you would like the Graduate School to receive them. (example: McDonald, rather than mcdonald)
- Only abbreviate when absolutely necessary. Do not abbreviate school names.
- Enter your full legal name as it would appear on your passport.
- Fed Ex, UPS, or DHL shipping services will not deliver to the Graduate School post office box, so you must send to the Graduate School's physical address:
French Ad 324
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-1030