Elevate your scientific journey with the Gilliam Fellows Program!
Are you a graduate student and faculty adviser duo committed to building an equitable and inclusive science culture? We want to support you!
- Research must be in biomedical, life sciences, or biological questions in related disciplines.
- Commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in science.
- Prospective Fellows must be in their Ph.D. program’s 2nd or 3rd year, with at least two full years remaining as of September 1st, 2024.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, undocumented childhood arrival, or undocumented individual who has been granted temporary permission to stay in the U.S. (e.g., DACA).
- Equip and empower future science leaders committed to equity and inclusion.
- Foster healthier, more inclusive academic scientific environments.
- Facilitate institutional change.
Short-term goals involve selecting pairs with high leadership potential and driving institutional change, while their long-term vision includes alumni leading in academia, industry, and government.
The Gilliam Fellows Program offers up to $53,000 annually, including a $36,000 stipend for fellows, institutional and discretionary allowances, and $3,000 for advisers. As an adviser, you’ll also participate in a year-long Mentorship Skills Development course.
Ready to embark on this transformative journey? Take action now! The 2024 application is open to all eligible Ph.D. students and their thesis advisers who meet our requirements. Join the Gilliam Fellows Program in shaping a brighter, more inclusive future for science!
- Applications Open: October 19, 2023
- Application Deadline: December 7, 2023
- Award Notification: June 2024
- Fellowship Starts: September 1, 2024
For Questions Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org