Graduate Certificate in Manufacturing Leadership
Manufacturing and technical managers in today’s manufacturing environments must demonstrate multifaceted leadership combined with a high level of technical expertise in order to compete in a world-class manufacturing arena. The four courses in this certificate provide a unique but essential foundation for understanding and optimizing a manufacturing organization. While many courses in manufacturing focus on the mechanical operations and processes, this certificate focuses on maximizing the performance of the entire system. Achieving the highest levels of performance starts with design of products and systems, integrating the contributions of a complex network of suppliers, and coordinating production according to key constraints throughout the supply chain. Finally, the most effective route to achieving continuous improvement in this environment is the integrated application of Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints.
Each student will provide a well-written statement of purpose stating their career and personal goals and how this certificate will help meet those goals.
Student Learning Outcome:
All graduates will be able to:
- Develop a systematic and analytic framework to support decision making and make effective changes.
- Gain skills to manage changing technology.
- Cultivate business and human resources management skills.
- Learn technical and leadership skills designed to meet today’s—and tomorrow’s—industry needs.
- Stay at the leading edge and become a leader in the management of technology.