Why is Graduate School a good choice?
- Research: At Washington State University, graduate students work closely with world-renown faculty on research projects that are solving big world problems. It’s your chance to help build a better world.
- Earning Potential: Your chance for financial success grows exponentially with a graduate degree. Master’s graduates average more than $67,000 a year compared to bachelor’s graduates at about $56,000 per year. Doctoral graduates earn on average about $92,000 a year and professional degree-holders can earn about $100,000 per year.
- Job Security: Washington state has a shortage of people with graduate degrees. Your chance of getting a good-paying job with your graduate degree are high.
- Financial Assistance for School: The majority of graduate students at WSU get teaching, research, or graduate internships. Many students graduate from WSU with little or no debt.
Why Attend Washington State University?
- Quick Facts and Figures about the WSU Graduate School
- Cost of Living Comparison, PAC-12 Schools
- Graduate School requirements and application
- Have a family? Check out the Pullman Schools and community.
- Read about a WSU family who loves Pullman
Don’t let financial worry stop you from applying to graduate school. There are many resources available for graduate students. Because of all the financial assistance available, many graduate students at WSU graduate with absolutely no debt.
Childcare and Healthcare
We’re committed to providing a quality graduate education in a family-friendly environment. Discover some of the resources and benefits of attending graduate school in a quiet and safe community.
Explore Your Options
Begin planning for graduate school early in your undergraduate career. Explore the specifics of courses that might interest you, or check out all of the graduate degree programs, professional degree programs, and graduate certificates available at WSU. You can request information about any of our programs and find out early what requirements you will need to fulfill.
How to Prepare for Graduate School
There are several things you can do as an undergraduate student to prepare for graduate school.