- This event has passed.
Tidal Leadership Mindfulness Symposium
September 24, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Please join us for a half-day exploration of campus and regional based mindfulness resources. You will be introduced to practices, theories and local experts all embracing the essential practices of mindfulness and compassion.
Featuring: Dave Potter, Samantha Gizerian, Lydia Gerber, and Cill Richards
*** Free for Students with an ID
Material and skills will be taught through both direct teaching and through the use of clinical examples. By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value and importance of mindfulness awareness practices.
- Experience mindfulness practices that can inform daily living.
- Be inspired and informed by WSU mindfulness-related research and opportunities.
- Access networking opportunities for like minded individuals living on the Palouse.
- 8-8:45 – Optional Yoga with Kristine Zakarison
- 9-9:45 – Chronic Stress: Bad for the Brain, Bad for the Body with Samantha Gizerian
- 9:45-10:00 – Hands-on Practice with Lydia Gerber
- 10-10:30 – Panel of WSU initiatives
- 10:30-10:40 – Break
- 10:40-11:00 – Guided Meditation with Cill Richards
- 11-11:45 – Mindfulness: It’s Not What You Think with Dave Potter
- 11:45-noon – Mindfulness of the Palouse with Cill Richards