- This event has passed.
Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop
August 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE PRESENTS:
GRADUATE STUDENT PRESTIGIOUS FELLOWSHIP WORKSHOP
Dr. Michael Kahn, Institute of Biological Chemistry, CAHNRS
This event is free for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as for faculty
You are invited to attend the free Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop! This workshop will walk you through the process of applying to the major prestigious fellowships. In addition to improving success in applying for these fellowships, the workshop provides students with valuable proposal writing and editing experience and information about additional funding opportunities. You will learn the basics of how to apply. Although specific examples will be given for the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (NSF GRFP), much of the information presented will be relevant to other prestigious fellowships.
Before attending the Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop, we encourage you to watch the following video. This video will help you:
- Prepare for the Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop
- Get you thinking about applying for a fellowship
- Give you some idea about what a fellowship can do for youAugust 22 2019-Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop
- Present information about applying for a fellowship
- Give you ideas about how to improve your chances between now and when you apply
Download the event slides here: August 22 2019-Graduate Student Prestigious Fellowship Workshop
**Lunch will be provided
Please register for this event by clicking the link below:
Event Live-streaming: Please make sure to register using the link above. The PDI will email you a web link before the event.
Are you applying to the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (NSF GRFP)? Start preparing your application NOW
- Check your eligibility here
- Application Deadlines:
- October 21, 2019: Life Sciences, Geosciences
- October 22, 2019: Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Engineering, Materials Research
- October 24, 2019: Psychology, Social Sciences, STEM Education and Learning
- October 25, 2019: Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Physics and Astronomy
Download the Power Point Slides used during this workshop in 2018 here!!!
Useful websites for Applicants of the NSF GRFP: