*** Note memberships are active for one semester.
Thank you for your interest in the Cheeky Scientist Membership. The application will be open again on June 1st, 2022, and run until June 25th, 2022 – Save the date on your calendar!
At WSU, we are committed to helping you develop the professional skills necessary to pursue your dream career. As such, we are delighted to announce a partnership with Cheeky Scientist to provide STEM PhDs and post-docs with the opportunity to build the necessary skills to pursue a career in Industry.
As part of the partnership we are offering a limited number of spaces to the Cheeky Scientist Association online training platform.
As part of the program you will have access to tools and resources specific to:
- Building your personalized transition plan to ensure you are applying to jobs that match your skillset and career aspirations
- Transitioning into a non-academic career
- Identifying the career track and job types that will fit your personal circumstances
- Writing a resume & CV that hiring managers will actually respond to
- Increasing your visibility with the perfect LinkedIn profile
- Building your network
- Preparing for informational and formal interviews
- Negotiating salary offers
- Immigration / visa advice
You will have access to over 100 training videos on topics like those listed above (and more), workbooks, resume templates, as well as webinars that are held on a weekly basis. Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other PhD’s through the directory found within the training dashboard as well.
We commit to reviewing and deciding on our first cohort of folks with access but will periodically provide access to more people throughout time.
We think this will be an invaluable resource for you on your career journey and we are excited to provide it for you. We look forward to hearing from you with your interest in access!
If you have any questions about these memberships, please contact the Professional Development Graduate Assistant at email@example.com.
“You CAN leverage your Ph.D. and the skills you already have to get into a high-paying industry job that allows you to do meaningful work. I look forward to introducing you to the Association. It’s the most complete, all-in-one Ph.D. job search blueprint and Ph.D. job referral network for transitioning into a successful non-academic career.”- Dr. Isaiah Hankel