Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- To prepare students to become experts in professional fields related to agriculture. Students will:
- Expand breadth of knowledge and expertise in agricultural disciplines and closely related fields.
- Increase depth of knowledge and expertise in agriculture as related to the student’s professional goals.
- Enhance ability to adapt to emerging changes in technology, economics, societal influences, and communication that have a dramatic impact on the agricultural industry.
- To prepare students to become outstanding educators or practitioners in agricultural disciplines. Students will:
- Develop critical thinking skills and ability to assess and comprehend societal problems, stakeholder concerns and scientific questions that formulate major issues to be addressed through applied and/or basic research.
- Develop scientific literacy by independently assessing, interpreting, and summarizing literature and other sources of knowledge on the research topic.
- Develop research objectives and hypotheses through the use of logic and critical thinking.
- Develop hypothesis; propose, evaluate or execute experimental protocol regarding stated hypothesis, or develop a clearly defined project topic with a plan for investigation and evaluation of collected data.
- Collect, summarize, and interpret research data.
- Effectively communicate at different levels the results of research in written, graphic, and verbal modes.
- To prepare students to become outstanding leaders and team players in collaborative and interdisciplinary application of their expertise to address local, regional, national and/or global problems associated with agriculture. Students will:
- Acquire advanced knowledge and skills necessary to function as an effective leader, manager, or team player.
- Be able to identify, assess and address the interactions among the many issues associated with agriculture and society at large.
- Foster commitment to ethical behavior and appreciation for diversity, global cultures, traditions and perspectives.