Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Achieve mastery of knowledge in the general field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Develop the expertise to use appropriate methodologies to solve novel and emerging problems related to Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Disseminate research findings to local, regional, national, and international audiences primarily through publication in peer-‐reviewed journals and presentations at conferences.
- Participate in professional organizations, including becoming members, attending meetings, and taking leadership roles where appropriate.
- Participate in teaching, internships, fellowships, workshops, credentialing and grant applications to enhance competitiveness for career opportunities as appropriate.
- Train students in critical, integrative, and evaluative thinking at the highest levels of rigor.
- Develop advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Become independent, self-‐motivated researchers with the ability to identify specific problems in their field of expertise and to formulate solutions to these problems.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of previous and current research in their field of expertise and be able to demonstrate that knowledge capability in a review of the literature at a level that is potentially publishable.
- Generate innovative questions within their field of expertise and pose hypotheses related to those questions
- Apply sound methodological approaches to test hypotheses related to specific research questions and describe the methods effectively.
- Perform statistical analyses of research data and present the results in a way that clearly describes the data.