Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Learn to use scientific reasoning and independent thinking to form and test
- Learn how to apply important concepts in each of four core areas of
physics: mechanics, electricity and magnetism, quantum mechanics, and thermal
and statistical physics.
- Design and conduct one or more original significant scientific research projects with
- Be able to present scientific results clearly, both orally and in writing, to the larger
scientific community through publications, conference presentations, research
proposals, or in other meaningful ways.
- Prepare for a career in physics or careers that exploit the skills gained during