Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills that are necessary to achieve success as practitioners, teachers, or researchers in civil and environmental engineering:
- Thorough foundation and advanced knowledge in field, apply knowledge to solve problems, teach in a variety of setting, employment in industry, professional participation and leadership.
- Become effective researchers in civil or environmental engineering:
- Original contribution to selected technical areas in CE and EnvEng.
- Able to secure funds and manage resources to conduct research.
- Apply sound research methods, draw well-supported conclusions, and effectively communicate findings.
- Have records of achievements that enhance the reputation and visibility of the graduate program in civil engineering at WSU:
- Hold responsible positions in academia, national laboratories, or industry, professional participation, recognition and awards.