Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills that are necessary to achieve success as a practicing engineer.
- A thorough foundation and advanced knowledge in fields of civil or environmental engineering.
- The ability to apply their knowledge to solve novel and emerging problems in civil or environmental engineering.
- The ability to present their knowledge through publications and oral presentations.
- Employment in industry, consulting firms or government agency.
- Leadership in professional practice and service.
- Become effective researchers in civil or environmental engineering.
- Knowledge of current state of research in selected technical areas of civil or environmental engineering.
- Define a research problem, apply sound research methods, draw well-supported conclusions, and effectively communicate findings to problems in an area of study.
- Employment in industry, government agencies, or acceptance into PhD or other advanced degree program.
- Engage in activities of life-long learning.
- Engagement in continuing education and professional development.
- Participation in professional organizations.
- Obtained advanced degree.