Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate broad, critical, and interdisciplinary knowledge of American culture (i.e., historically, in the contemporary period, in global context).
- Synthesize knowledge from several disciplinary perspectives.
- Think critically about the limits of disciplinary knowledge domains.
- Analyze documentary (primary source) evidence from written, visual, and oral genres.
- Identify and employ primary and secondary source materials located through library and online scholarly research tools.
- Write clear, publishable analytic prose scholarship.
- Design and complete original scholarship in a discipline and in an interdisciplinary area of specialization.
- Contribute critically to professional and to public conversations.
- Teach undergraduate curriculum effectively.