Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- To prepare outstanding entry-level P-12 teachers with a focus on teacher inquiry as a paradigm for practice. Successful graduates inform their practice and stewardship of public schools by:
- Using and generating deep content and pedagogical knowledge to inform their teaching.
- Developing relevant, rigorous, and developmentally appropriate curricula.
- Modifying curriculum and instruction based on the diverse assets, abilities, and needs of their students.
- Using assessment of their students’ learning and their own teaching to inform future planning and teaching.
- Attending to the social, emotional, and civic development of their students.
- Working respectfully and collaboratively with colleagues and community to promote professional learning and quality instructional programs.
- To guide students in their development as practitioner-researchers in P-12 school settings. Successful graduates inform their practice and stewardship of public schools by:
- Applying scholarly habits of curiosity, inquiry, reflection, and skepticism.
- Articulating problems of practice and then generating student-centered solutions by synthesizing research literature and applying that synthesis to problems of practice.
- Effectively communicating scholarly work through professional and social media.
- Making decisions grounded in evidence and professional knowledge.
- Demonstrating professional habits and dispositions.