Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- To prepare students to enter the many and varied professions of horticulture and/or its related fields, the program provides students with:
- Advanced knowledge and skills necessary to function as a creative and professional practitioner, communicator, educator, or investigator in the field of horticulture.
- Intellectual means of identifying and assessing the interactions among the many issues associated with horticulture and society at large.
- Skills and intellectual means of contributing new knowledge to the profession of horticulture.
- To prepare students to be successful researchers in horticultural science and/or related fields, the program provides students with:
- Ability to design, conduct, analyze, and communicate a research plan and results.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to question or re-evaluate current thinking and standards related to horticultural science.
- Skills to identify, locate, and apply knowledge discovered from horticultural science and related fields of study.
- Opportunities to develop and communicate scientific hypotheses and problem solving.