Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Students will understand and evaluate the main methodologies and historical arguments in the primary fields of study.
- Students will interpret and apply the major trends in historiography and the methodological innovations associated with changes in historiographical theory.
- Students will apply appropriate theories and methods to the major field through independent research projects.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of historical exposition.
- Students will describe historical research within the professional apparatus of the discipline, and develop communication skills for diverse professional purposes.
- Students will design and construct a successful and nationally commensurate master’s thesis or dissertation by defining a viable research project and conducting research according to nationally recognized professional standards.
- Students will develop skills associated with the teaching of history at the college level.