Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Student’s mastery of the main methodologies and historical arguments in the primary fields of study.
- Student’s familiarity with the major trends in historiography and the methodological innovations associated with changes in historiographical theory.
- Student’s ability to apply appropriate theories and methods to the major field through independent research projects.
- Student’s demonstrated mastery of historical exposition.
- Student’s skills associated with the presentation of historical research within the professional apparatus of the discipline, and communication skills for diverse professional purposes.
- Student’s success in the production of a successful and nationally commensurate master’s thesis or dissertation by defining a viable research project and conducting research according to nationally recognized professional standards.
- Student’s skills associated with the teaching of history at the college level.