Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduate students learn to conduct innovative and high-quality research to solve emerging problems in food science by:
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of food science knowledge and principles.
- Applying scientific knowledge to assess and solve food science problems.
- Exhibiting communication skills to convey technical information and defend scientific findings.
- Designing and conducting research experiments and analyzing research findings.
- Graduate students gain professional and leadership skills for professional positions in food and allied industries, government, or academia by:
- Presenting research to local, regional, and national audiences through publications and presentations.
- Participating in professional organizations and related activities.
- Obtaining successful placement in relevant industry, government, or academia positions.