Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of contemporary English Studies and its various sub-disciplines.
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge of more specialized areas within English Studies, accompanied by the ability to locate and synthesize scholarship in such.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct original research in such sub-disciplines as literary studies, rhetorical theory, composition studies, digital technology, second-language learning, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to present original research findings to appropriate academic audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to write scholarly essays or to create texts of other kinds which articulate new claims and present the results of original research and thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a range of courses in English Studies, including, for example, Freshman Composition, Writing Research Papers, introductory courses in literary or rhetorical study, etc.