Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Students earning the Ph.D. in Criminal Justice will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to write lengthy, well organized, well written, precise and persuasive papers and articles.
- A clear understanding of the conduct of scientific inquiry investigating theoretical and policy related questions and arguments.
- The ability to easily design research appropriate for the questions and topics to be investigated.
- A basic understanding of current political, economic, cultural, and security trends in the USA and worldwide.
- Knowledge of major factors and drivers of changes in the domestic security and justice environments.
- Ability to describe, in some detail, basic policy approaches and programs relevant to diverse security challenges adopted by the USA.
- The methodological and analytical ability to assess the effectiveness of various policies.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of specific security issues relevant to their theoretical and career interests.
- Their ability to describe and evaluate security and justice problems from an objective perspective.