Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills that are necessary to achieve success as practitioners, teachers or researchers in civil or environmental engineering.
- A thorough foundation and advanced knowledge in fields of civil or environmental engineering.
- The ability to apply their knowledge to solve novel and emerging problems in civil or environmental engineering.
- Able to teach in a variety of settings.
- The ability to present their knowledge through publications and oral presentations.
- Employment in industry, consulting firms or government agency.
- Leadership in professional practice and service.
- Become effective researchers in civil or environmental engineering.
- Original contributions to selected technical areas in civil or environmental engineering.
- Able to secure funds and manage resources to conduct research.
- Apply sound research methods, draw well-supported conclusions, and effectively communicate findings.
- Have records of achievements that enhance the reputation and visibility of the doctoral program in civil engineering at Washington State University.
- Hold responsible position in academia, national laboratory or industry.
- Participation in professional organizations.
- Recognition and awards.