Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- To enable students to develop as successful professionals for highly competitive positions in industry, government, and academia:
- To achieve mastery of the knowledge in their fields and the ability to apply associated technologies to novel and emerging problems.
- To present research to local, regional, national, and international audiences through publications in professional journals and/or conference papers given in a range of venues, from graduate seminars to professional meetings.
- To participate in appropriate professional organizations.
- To broaden their professional foundations through activities such as: teaching, internships, fellowships, laboratory rotations and grant applications.
- To prepare students to be effective researchers in the fields of chemical engineering or bioengineering:
- To prepare students to be effective chemical engineering researchers.
- To enhance the national visibility of the doctoral programs in chemical engineering and bioengineering:
- To attract, retain and graduate high-quality students.
- To enhance doctoral education by offering advanced courses, providing support such as fellowships, research funds, and travel to conferences.
- To attract, retain, and advance research-active faculty.
- To provide regional, national, and international opportunities for collaboration.