Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Thorough command of knowledge and understanding in an area of emphasis offered by the faculty in the Department of Animal Science.
- An ability to apply the scientific method and critical scientific thought in the application of a hypothesis formation, and the design and execution of experiments.
- Competency in collection, analyses, and reporting of data.
- Apply ethical practice in data collection, analyses, and reporting and an awareness of multiple responsibilities and the impact of their professional conduct.
- Competency in oral communication and scholarly writing in the form of a doctoral dissertation and peer reviewed scientific publications.
- An ability to recognize and appreciate the multifaceted and dynamic relationship between science and society in a diverse world.