Student Learning Outcomes
All graduates will be able to:
- Graduates will have a broad critical knowledge of American cultural history.
- Graduates will demonstrate the capacity to write clear, publishable analytic prose.
- Graduates will be able to read and assess documentary evidence from a variety of written genres.
- Graduates will be able to compare and integrate knowledge from several disciplinary perspectives.
- Graduates will be able to think critically about the limits of disciplinary knowledge domains.
- Graduates will develop research skills, including handling of primary and secondary sources, library use and online scholarly search tools.
- Graduates will develop a sense of engaged, critical citizenship.
- Graduates will demonstrate professional competency in a discipline and in an interdisciplinary area of specialization.
- Graduates will demonstrate a high level of competency as a teacher of undergraduate students.