- This event has passed.
Resources available for International Students at WSU
October 19 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Latin American and Iberian Graduate Student Association and the Professional Development Initiative Present:
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT WSU
The purpose of this seminar is to inform international students about the resources available for them at WSU. We will make particular emphasis on resources for English as second language (ESL), visa related information, and tax management. This workshop will provide participants key tools for having a successful experience as graduate and professional students.
- Graduate Writing Center
- Mission and Services offered
- Department of English
- Overview and Services offered
- Differences in writing conventions between US academia and that of the student’s country
- Common mistakes when writing during your graduate studies
- Office of International Programs:
- Visa related information: OPT, requirements for traveling abroad
- Taxes management
- English Tables and English games (available for students and family)
Elitza Kotzeva, Graduate Writing Center Dr. Elizabeth Siler, Department of English
Cody Tornow, International Student Advisor
**Lunch will be provided at this event**
All PDI events will be available to sites other than Pullman through a web link that will be emailed to you before the event. Please make sure to register on the link below and indicate at which WSU site you are located.
Please register for this event by clicking the link below: