- This event has passed.
Grad Student Tax Webinar
March 7, 2017 @ 9:30 pm - 11:00 pmFree
Click HERE to register
Are you intimidated by the prospect of preparing your grad student tax return, or unsure that you prepared it correctly?
Are you confused by the tax forms you received from your university – or the forms you didn’t?
Are you unsure which components of your fellowship and scholarship income are taxable?
Join Grad Student Finances founder and university personal finance speaker Emily Roberts on March 7, 2017 9:30 PM EST* for a free webinar on domestic US grad student taxes. The webinar will include a presentation designed specifically for graduate students who receive stipends from assistantships or fellowships plus a Q&A.
By the end of the webinar, you will:
- Be able to explain the distinction between marginal and effective tax rates, deductions and credits
- Understand why you received (or didn’t receive) a W-2, 1098-T, 1099-MISC, or courtesy letter
- Learn to calculate your taxable income with respect to your grad student income (assistantship, fellowship and scholarship) and qualified education expenses
- Know exactly where to report your grad student income on Form 1040 (or equivalent), and
- Identify whether you are eligible to contribute to a 2016 IRA (there’s still time!).
We welcome your questions on other grad student tax-related topics as well!
Sign up below to attend the free grad student tax seminar. You will receive further instructions through email.
* Can’t make it on March 7? Sign up to have access to the replay!